Welcome to episode E116 of the AI Ireland podcast, the show that explores the applications and research of Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence on the island of Ireland.
Our mission is to increase the use of AI for the benefit of our society, our competitiveness and everyone living in Ireland.
In this episode, we find ourselves at the British Ambassador’s residence in Dublin, where we had the honour of conversing with Professor Gina Neff. This gathering brings together a gathering of AI experts from both Ireland and the UK to deliberate on the objectives of the UK’s AI Safety Summit scheduled for November.
Professor Neff serves as the Executive Director of the Minderoo Centre for Technology and Democracy at the University of Cambridge, renowned for her research concerning the impacts of the digital information environment. Her extensive background encompasses advisory roles for international organisations, leadership in humanitarian endeavours, and contributions to AI4Trust solutions. Her academic prowess has garnered numerous accolades, and she has played a pivotal role in creating educational resources that have reached a global audience of millions.
In our podcast, Gina delves into several captivating subjects:
- Her journey and the development of her expertise at the nexus of technology, society and democracy.
- Key takeaways from her latest book “Human-Centered Data Science” shedding light on its implications for individuals and society.
- As the Executive Director of the Minderoo Centre for Technology & Democracy, she outlines the centre’s primary objectives and ongoing endeavours.
- Her advisory role for international organisations such as UNESCO and the OECD, focusing on the significant challenges they confront in the digital era, particularly in relation to technology and democracy.
- Insights into how the digital information landscape is reshaping the nature of work and daily life for workers and workplaces.
The fifth annual AI Awards takes place on Tuesday November 21st at the Gibson Hotel. This is an exciting opportunity to connect and network with over 200 AI and Data professionals across the island of Ireland and hear from some of the most exciting AI applications across industry and academia spanning 12 award categories.
Don’t miss the opportunity to get your discounted Early Bird tickets now! Head over to aiawards.ie/tickets or Eventbrite and enter the discount code EarlyBird_AIA to get your ticket for just €99. Limited tickets available; Original Price €239.
We’re excited to unveil our new book, “AI Unleashed: Navigating the AI Revolution,” which is now accessible for purchase on Amazon. For executives, policy architects, or technology aficionados seeking to make sense of the intricate world of AI, “AI Unleashed: Navigating the AI Revolution” is your essential handbook. Now available on Amazon Kindle or hard copy, this book furnishes you with the expertise and instruments required to employ AI both effectively and ethically.
Finally, if you would like to hear more from AI Ireland, please reach out to us to learn more about AI Ireland membership and how to get involved with the 2023 AI Awards by contacting email@example.com.
Subscribe to the AI Ireland Podcast: