- Fourth Annual Awards Celebrate Irish AI Innovation across diverse sectors
- Bank of Ireland, seamlessCARE Ltd, Akara Robotics among the award winners
- SoapBox Labs’ Amelia Kelly and Janssen’s Terri O’Donovan win individual awards
- UCD’s AI PREMie take home Award for Academic Research and AI for Social Good
Dublin, 14th of November 2022: Today, AI Ireland has announced the shortlist for its fourth annual AI Awards, sponsored by Principal sponsor Microsoft.
- Bank of Ireland, Shutterstock and Dell Technologies amongst those recognised for innovation in Artificial Intelligence.
- Entries from Trinity College Dublin, Ulster University, University College Dublin and TU Dublin reflect an increase in academic research in AI.
- 5 new awards including Women in AI Person of the Year and Best Application of AI in Healthcare.
Minister for Trade Promotion, Digital and Company Regulation, Robert Troy TD, and Minister for Skills and Further Education, Niall Collins TD, today welcomed the publication from the Expert Group on Future Skills Needs (EGFSN) on the skills needed for Ireland to fully benefit from the opportunities presented by Artificial Intelligence.
Applications are now open for the 2022 AI Awards as AI professionals, academics and enthusiasts will once again come together this November to celebrate the great work being done within AI, Machine Learning and emerging technologies in Ireland.
Last year, companies such as ACI Worldwide, STATSports and Webio joined the likes of ESB, Nuritas, Mastercard Labs, McKesson, SAP and much more on taking home one of our coveted AI Awards. In case you missed last year’s event, you can watch on demand here.
We are back for our fourth event this year and applications are now open for you to take part. So if you have an interesting product, project or service that utilizes AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Science, Automation or other emerging technologies, we would love to hear from you.
We have several categories you can apply for with more to be announced in the coming weeks:
Best Application of AI to achieve Social Good
Best Application of AI in a Large Enterprise
Best Application of AI in a Startup
Best Application of AI in an Academic Research Body
Best Application of AI in a Student Project
Intelligent Automation – Best Use of RPA & Cognitive
Best Application of AI in an SME
Best Use of AI in a Consumer/Customer Service Application
You can nominate yourself, colleagues or someone you know who has a product, service or project that you feel deserves to win an AI Award.
Applications close on 19 August. Nominees will be revealed in October and the winners will be revealed during our awards ceremony in November.
Ireland’s surging start-up culture continues to attract admiring glances from far and wide. The latest ranking of the EU’s biggest start-up city hubs has Dublin in ninth position, while the highly respected StartupBlink’s 2020 report ranks Ireland ninth out of 100 countries worldwide. For diversity, access to talent, ease of doing business and other key factors, Ireland consistently punches above its weight.