Welcome to episode 15 of the AI Ireland podcast, the show that breaks down the hype and explores the impact that Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence are making on our everyday lives.
Our goal is to share with you the insights of technologists and data science enthusiasts to showcase the excellent work that is been done within AI in Ireland.
Today’s guest on the show is Declan McKibben, who is the Head of Design and Innovation in the ADAPT Centre in Trinity College Dublin. The Design and Innovation team bridges the gap between research lab prototypes and the needs for industrial proof-of-concept systems. They develop Fit-for-purpose solutions to allow industrial evaluation and use-case validation of advanced technologies from core Platform Research.
This is a special episode today as we are proud to announce that the ADAPT Centre will be joining us at the inaugural AI Awards this November as one of our key sponsors. The ADAPT Centre focuses on developing the next generation of digital technologies that transform how people communicate by helping to analyse, personalise and deliver digital data more effectively for businesses and individuals.
In today’s episode, Declan will tell us about:
- His background and what his role with the ADAPT Centre entails
- Exciting projects ADAPT Centre work on, such as how they impact the knowledge economy
- The success of their research in Computer Vision technology
- Challenges the ADAPT centre overcomes in their Natural Language Processing research
- How deep learning is helping maximise the potential in Machine Translation
- Where he believes the future of AI is heading and the need to address issues such as ethics and data privacy
- How the job market will be impacted by Artificial Intelligence
- The success of the Machine Learning Dublin meetup
- How you can get in touch with the ADAPT Centre
What did you make of Declan’s podcast? Where do you see the future of Artificial Intelligence heading in the next few years? I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment below.
For more information about Declan, the ADAPT Centre and the Machine Learning Dublin meetup, you can check out the following links.
If you would like to hear more from AI Ireland then please subscribe and don’t forget to like and share with your friends on social media.
Subscribe to the AI Ireland Podcast:
AI Awards 2018: Applications Open
Connecting Ireland’s AI ecosystem for a higher purpose
Applications are still open for you to take part in the inaugural AI Awards and showcase your skills and expertise to the AI community on the island of Ireland.
The AI Awards is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to promoting, advancing and rewarding corporate and academic excellence in Artificial Intelligence (AI) innovation, research & development and products.
It is our mission to support the AI community by recognising the hard work and dedication of those working in the field and to help promote and market Ireland globally as the first-choice home for AI investment and job creation in research and product development.
heck out more details about the awards and how to apply by heading over to www.aiawards.ie